Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'mmmm Baaaack!!

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for your visits and notes over the last few weeks. Mom's service was a joyful celebration of a life well lived. I had no idea how many people would be there since she had outlived so many of her friends, but all of the things she was involved in were well represented. I'm sure she was pleased to see them there! We are progressing with getting her estate tied up and will have a garage sale this month to finish up that part. No point in just having everything in storage. So things are going fine. We miss her terribly and it's still very odd not to go see her every day, but we are adjusting OK. Thanks so much for all your well wishes and prayers!

I've actually had a bit of time to list a few things on eBay and Etsy. And you won't believe this, but I even spent a day sewing this week! A small group of friends have decided that we will sew every other Thursday and see what we can get done. I really need to be more intentional about it. Do you realize I haven't made a quilt since my book and last fabric collection were released almost a year ago!!!! Oh my!!

So obviously, I have nothing to show you, but thanks to my friends, I have some pictures of their work! It seems that there have been some darling aprons made from my fabrics and here are a couple of them. The first one is from Chris Eilts who made this for her sister as a gift using the Rise N Shine fabrics. She used a pattern called "Delicious 4 Corners" by Vanilla House Designs. I think it is just darling!

Patrice Heisler is an online friend who has a fabulous blog AND website! She also handcrafts items to sell at wonderful venues such as Brimfield. Here are a couple of aprons that she has made using one of the Sugar N Spice fabrics. I think she has used a vintage tablecloth with the first one. They are both wonderful!


Thanks to both Chris and Patrice for sharing! What would I do without my friends??

So that's it for me. Thanks again for being such wonderful friends and keeping in touch.

Blessings~

5 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

delighted to see you back! you were missed!

Unknown said...

I echo Jane's sentiments! Glad you are back too!

Linda/Thistledown and Co. said...

Welcome back and it's wonderful you are back at the machine!

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Hi Glenna. I just made the cutest purse out of your Bees Knees. It's on my website, if you want to visit again. Have a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

loving your blog..love your shabby chic booth..