Friday, December 5, 2008

Another Fabulous Friday!

Excuse me? Where did this week go??? I would love to tell you that I've been working my buns off, but no! I actually have gotten a bit of Christmas decorating done, which most of you don't know, but that's a real miracle in this household!

I can't say when it started, but many years ago I became the Grinch when it came to Christmas! I just got fed up with the commercialization and all the stress and said enough! I found I enjoyed Christmas from Dec. 23 until after dinner on Christmas Day. So minimal decorations went up about a week before and came down on Christmas Day night after everyone went home. My friends think I've lost my mind.

Well, this year we are having a few friends from church over on Sunday eve before the holiday gets too crazy and guess what? I'm putting up my decos now! Will even trim the tree today. Now that's amazing!! Here's my little entry table. Found this cute vintage felt runner when my friend Ann and I went antiquing on Wed. They probably didn't have that in the manger or a Merry Christmas sign above it, but it went well on that table! LOL!! That silly lamp only comes out once a year when I put it's Christmas shade on, too. My poor shepherd has lost his staff. Oh Biiillll!! Can you make me a new staff???



Other than that , wanted to share the sweetest email I got with you. These notes just make what I do worth every minute. It's from Connie Mounsey who lives here in OK. It's followed by a pic of the sweet quilt she made for her Mom.

Dear Glenna,

I enjoyed your book so much and was so inspired that I just had to make the "For My Dolly" miniature quilt. It was so easy, and this was the first project I made all by myself from start to finish. I had broken my ankle in February and my mom has been after my sister and I to get involved in quilting. She has quilted for years and wanted us to share her hobby with her. She came to take care of me and brought me a 40s featherweight (she owns 7 and is always looking for more!) and so she took me to buy material for my first project and I am hooked! I made the doll quilt for my mom as I had made a simple 9 patch one that she bound for me and she really liked it. I didn't tell her about the doll quilt I was making for her as I wanted to surprise her and after I finished I was so proud. I mailed it to her (we live 4 1/2 hrs away from each other) and when she got the package she called and asked about the little quilt. I told her it was for her...a present and she cried! That was probably the best gift I ever gave her. I have attached a photo and can't wait to get started on another one of your designs!

Connie Mounsey


Thanks so much for letting me show it, Connie!

And that's it for me this week. Hope all of you are not feeling too stressed by the holidays yet. Be sure to take some time for yourself and enjoy all the sights, sounds, and blessings of Christmas~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenna, what a lovely email and quilt. I'm glad you are feeling less Grinch-y this year. It can get a bit much with all the pressure to buy the latest plastic fantastics. This Christmas I'm either not paying attention (always possible) or there aren't as much "buy me" ads on the TV here in the UK. It could be the economy making people get real and into the true meaning of Christmas- love.

Beautiful fabrics.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a nice email from Connie. I bet getting that email just made your day.
Love the decor that you have done. I'm not doing any this year. Usually I'm decking the halls the day after turkey day.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh I wish I had 2 more weeks for a total of 4 before Christmas. It is coming like a runaway train.

What a cute sweet quilt. That is a darling story. Thanks for sharing with all of us.