Monday, May 12, 2008

Problems with Square Dance Pattern

Hi All--

Just got a message from a customer having problems with the Square Dance arc fitting on a 6 1/2" square. I've had several questions about this and it just dawned on me to put the info here. Duh!!

It became apparent that the arc had become skewed in the printing process and anyone who needs a new pattern is welcome to email me at
hollyhockquilts@cox.net and request one. If you don't want to bother, you can place the arc on the square as shown in the diagram and trim the ends to meet the edges of the square.

There have also been questions about getting all the pieces from a Sweet 16 when you have to cut a circle. I have included more extensive directions and also have a picture I can email for the layout.

Needless to say, if I'd know how hard this was going to be, I'd have made the pattern a half inch smaller! So sorry to anyone who's had trouble with this. I feel terrible about it and hope it can be worked out for everyone.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Otherwise, I'm on the road to Portland! I'll let you all know what goodies I see there.

Blessings~

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

I was at my local quilt shop today and they had a lovely quilt from Square Dance in a big display with kits galore. It was just darling.