Monday, October 6, 2008

Home Again!!

The retreat was so much fun!! It was a lot of work and long days, but such a pleasure to be with 225 people who love quilting as much as I do! Sadly, this picture of me doing my lecture was the BEST of the bunch! Does that indicate a lack of photogenic aptitude????

I taught the Bees Knees pattern in my all day class. They didn't need me. All really good quilters that worked hard and hopefully had a little fun, too. Here are some of them with their heads down.

And here they are with a finished block. Some used the fabric from a kit and others used their own creativity with their fabric. I thought they were all great!

It was very appropriate that this retreat was my last class to teach. I was a charter member of the guild that began the fall retreats at that facility over 20 years ago. It was like coming full circle. Maybe I'll actually have time to attend as a participant in the future!

It did make me think about all the friends that I have made over the last 25 years. Many have remained close and I treasure their friendship more than ever. I don't know of many things that builds kinship like quilting does. We can pretty much go wherever we want and there will always be a place to fit in. How lucky we are to have so many sisters! Quilting supercedes all other things in life. It doesn't matter whether we're married, have children, which church we attend, which political party we follow, what color or sex we are. We are still sisters through quilting (except for the brothers!) And now I'm making friends through the internet and this blog! It just goes on and on. I'm feeling very blessed!

So now to catch up with orders, calls and email. THEN to list items on Etsy and work on one more project for my new fabric for Market. Hope all of you had a terrific weekend and are off to a great week. I'll be in touch soon!

Blessings~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun retreat. You are so right about quilting and quilters, just a very unique group. Gotta love it!

Nanette Merrill said...

The picture is adorable really.

I second your words - it really is such a strong bond among those of us who have a passion for quilting. All other differences melt away. Nicely said.

Cheryl said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Can't wait to see what you put up on Etsy!!