Saturday, May 17, 2008

Greetings from Portland!!

Market started yesterday and all was buzzing. I haven't made it around to look much yet, but will keep you posted on what I see.

I had breakfast with my publisher and all the other authors. They seem very excited about the book and think it will be out this summer. I'll let you know when I have a date.

Tonight is an Open House at EE Schenck. For those of you who might not know, Schenck is a distributor for all things quilting and owns Maywood, which is the fabric company I design for.

Sunday is the last day of Market and the designers are treated to a fabulous evening of dinner and fun by Katie Frym who is the person behind Maywood. Then Monday will be an all day meeting with Maywood designers and the company folks who are involved. Anything anybody wants me to pass along?

The big news here is the HEAT! Oh my gosh! It was almost 100 degrees yesterday! Setting lots of records. I feel like I'm in Tulsa in August!

Portland is a gorgeous city. I'll show you a few pics later. Last night we ate at a wonderful seafood restaurant that's been in Portland since 1895! Fabulous food and a terrific atmosphere. The restaurant is located in a funky, hip part of Portland called the Pearl. Hope I don't gain back all the weight I've lost in the time I'll be gone!

Hope your weather is beautiful and have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings~

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm loving hearing all about Quilt Market. I need to find a publisher for my patterns I think at some point. I am leaning towards "Novelty Scraps" or something like that. You inspire me Glenna.